Under the UITableView
A programming picture book covers a topic on many aspect of UITableView.
The book doesn't mean to be a reference book, so it won't cover all methods and details, but focus mainly on the reason and how things work under the table view.
Best for beginner!
Why this book
I’ve been an iOS developer for many years and witnessed the increasing number of people come develop on the platform. Consistently, there is one concept that all newcomers ask about: UITableView.
This book try to get you on the right track, to focus on the fundamental part of table view. I believe with this fundamental understanding you can get a lot faster when you reading other books or expand your knowledge in other areas.
Why table view
Even though table view is a relatively small part of iOS development, it underpins all iOS learning. Mastering it early will accelerate your learning, it teach me many concept, wisdom, and design pattern that use throughout the Cocoa Touch framework when I first started learning iOS years ago and thats why I want to dedicated this book around UITableView.
My very first app, Last Time which I made in 2013, is using table view and even my latest app, Dribbboard still contains table view, so I can guarantee you that knowledge of this little table view would benefit you in this path.
- 30 pages eBook in PDF and ePub formats.
What is picture book?
I want this programming book to be easy to read for beginner, so I combines visual and verbal narratives in a book. Here is a sample from the book.
What you’ll learn
- How UITableView work.
- Concept of reusable cell.
- Delegate and Data Source.
Who is this book for?
- You just started iOS for a few week, but still get unexpected result on UITableView from time to time.
- You have some common understanding of basic programming and want to learn iOS development, but don’t know where to start. This book can be Appetizer for you.
- Or even you know nothing about code, but want to find something to talk with iOS guys/girls 😏.
Even this book isn't for you, spread the words out would be appreciated.